Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I have a cold...don't you hate that? It's not serious, just bad enough to really annoy you. Not bad enough that you need to go to the doctor...yet...or stay home from work, but just bad enough that you feel like you have to squint your eyes all the time. Maybe it's because my head feels like it is full of snot. Sorry. Getting right to it there. I'm afraid to sneeze because a snick might fly out and land on me or my steering wheel or something and my eyes are squinty and I might not notice. Ick. Do you ever have this kind of cold and you start off just taking some Advil, thinking that might do it for you? Then you don't feel any better so you take say some Sudafed, trying to convince yourself it's just allergies? Then you move to the Alka-Seltzer Cold & Cough or maybe a Dayquil? Then you go to the store on your lunch for the MucinexDM and some cough drops and a diet coke thinking that will really solve it. Okay, I confess, by now I am ready to drink the Nyquil straight from the bottle. I'm not sure if I have over medicated and I am not thinking straight or I have convinced myself I am sicker than I really am but I am obsessed with getting the Nyquil now. Like that is the answer to all that ails me. I have "over the countered' myself into a frenzy.
I think I'll just go home...what do they say? Starve a fever ...feed a cold? That I can do. Later.

No comments: