Tuesday, July 13, 2010

So here I am again. I have two funerals in a week's time. The ultimate change in plans for all involved. This morning I went in to pay a traffic ticket I got at..get this...the airport! So bugged. About a two weeks ago my parents came home after living abroad for 3 years so of course we all went out to the airport to meet them. After the big hoo ha inside we all pulled our cars around to the pick up curb to load them in with their luggage. My sisters were in front of me as I manuvered my way through the zillion cars in the pick up lanes and pulled to the curb when a police car pulled in behind me flashing it's lights. Fabulous. My two young nephews in the back seat started yelling "Dee Dee, you're going to the jail!" This clearly was not in my plan. My poor mother was standing on the curb looking like homeland security had just descended upon her family. I smiled at her and waved, "no worries" I mouthed. So a cop that looked about 15 years old came up to my window. I rolled it down and looked at him. "Did you know your registration is expired?" For a moment a didn't know what to say, which is unusual for me. Then all I could muster was "Really?". "Yep" he said, "your sticker says April of 2010." "Really" I said again. Now I'm not one to use feminine assets to get out of a ticket or to get much of anything. It's just not me. So I said, and I kid you not, a line from a movie I'd seen, "Well, put it on my tab then." "What?" he said. "Look" I said, "There is not one thing I can do about this now. I need to get my parents picked up here so write me up the ticket and let's get on with it." So he did and that night my husband (who is in charge of taking care of the cars, because I take care of the finances...another story) registered my car online and this morning I paid the damn ticket. Not in my original plan but oh well. Not it is all just a happy memory right! Moving on! Later!

No comments: