Thursday, July 15, 2010

I'm moving. We bought a new home and we are finally closing on it next week (after two delays...not the plan but...) and so now the work begins. Not only are we packing 16 years of accumulated, I'll just say it, crap and deciding what crap goes to the new house and what crap does not go to the new house but we also have decided to paint, carpet and tile before we move everything IN the house. The house has pink carpet throughout and this fabulous faux green marble paint job that we have decided to change. No offense, just anyone that knows me knows I am not a "pink" gal. My husband has a plan. We'll call it "Plan A". I could be really naughty and call it "Plan ADD" but I won't...yet. He wants to rip out all the existing carpet and linoleum and paint first while the new carpet and tile is being ordered. On the face of it, this is a very good plan. But I have been married to this person for 22 years, he actually has ADD. Plus, he has a little OCD when it comes to home improvement, especially painting. He is a meticulous painter. Once we had a professional paint our downstairs bathroom. After it was done, I came home to find my husband painting the downstairs bathroom. When I asked him what he was doing he said he could see brush marks so he was painting it again. You get my drift here. So we have about two weeks to paint before the carpet and tile are installed. Our new house is about 3500 sq. feet and we are painting most of the interior. Here is my issue, what do you do when you can see the need for a Plan B, but it's not really your plan? I pretty much know the painting nazi is not going to make the deadline, but the painting nazi doesn't know it. I can try to help him, but I am not a perfect enough painter you see, he will just have to paint over my shoddy work. I have thought about this and the answer my friends, I'm afraid, is blowing in the wind. I'm going to have to let him do his thing and just wait and see what happens. This is not easy for me to do. I'm usually a "take charge" kind of girl. I'm all ready for Plan B, let's get to it and all that. This is where my prozac kicks in for me. The fact is that I will probably have the painting nazi painting after I have new carpet and tile installed. THAT IS Plan B. And there it is. Later.

No comments: